In-House Playwork Training
Focusing on the Playwork Principles, which are the professional and ethical framework for playwork, Kindling will help you look at what is unique about play and playwork and provide the playwork perspective for working with school age children and young people .
The training takes place on half days or whole days. We will examine what play means for children and how we, as professionals can facilitate it better. We will explore particular issues that are relevant to your team.
Topics might include some of the following, although this list is not exhaustive:
- Risk management
- Broadening the play menu
- Playing outdoors, playing with the elements
- Team working
- Practical ideas for play
- Offering children risks and challenges
- How we can manage our own behaviour to affect the behaviour of children
- Reflective practice
- Creating and resourcing play environments
- Introduction to playwork theories
- Ground rules and group agreements
- Environmental Play
- Intervention styles
Kindling’s play training is designed to encourage the recognition that capacity for children and young people’s positive development will be enhanced if given access to the broadest range of environments and play opportunities and your team can deliver this.
Before each training session there is the opportunity for one or two key members of the team (e.g. play leader, manager, senior playworker or supervisor) to meet with the trainer to examine what your team’s training needs are.
The In-House Play Training Day will then be developed to meet the needs of your team.
What you will need to provide:
- A room where the whole team can be comfortable, both seated and with space for more lively activities.
- Outdoor space (requirement for playing outdoors, playing with the elements, environmental play)
- Tea and coffee
- Willing participants
- Flip chart and paper
What Kindling will provide:
- Enthusiastic and experienced trainer
- Pre-meeting and bespoke course for your training needs
- All training materials
- Handouts relevant to the topics
- An interesting and enlightening play training session
This can be delivered in a whole day, or half days or a longer course. Times arranged to fit your participants.
Use our contact page to get in touch and discuss your team’s training needs.