Modular Forest School Training sessions – Participants will attend all of: 13th and 14th November, 20th and 21st November 2017, 26th and 27th Feb, 11th and 12th of June and 18th and 19th of June 2018
NOCN Forest School Level 3 Training
This course is an opportunity to explore to a higher level different approaches to using the outdoor environment in a Forest School setting and is for those who and wish to coordinate, manage and lead Forest School Sessions with children, young people or adults.
Course leaders will be Lily Horseman of Kindling and Harriet Menter of Scotswood Natural Community Garden.
Download Forest School Booking Form Level 3
You will investigate how best to design and run a Forest School programme and look at how to approach and apply it safely and effectively.
This Forest School Level 3 course is aimed at individuals who have a minimum Level 2 qualification in Youth Work, Child Care, Teaching, or relevant experience in working with children.
The course content of this qualification is based on up-to-date research surrounding aspects of
- Child development
- Personal development
- Nature Connection
- Creativity and crafts
- Woodland conservation and management
- Innovative and therapeutic theory in the outdoors
- Risk assessments to enable safe outdoor play and education
- Initial training – consisting of 4 days of training
- Portfolio work – candidates take away their portfolio to work on (For about 4 months)
- 2 days training and planning
- 3 more months of work on portfolios
- First Aid – Candidates complete a 2 day ITC first aid course
- Development Training – Consisting of 4 days of including assessment
Participants on this course will need to complete a paediatric outdoor First Aid 2 day course before completing their Forest School training. (First Aid not included in price).