This Forest School training course also includes a second week of training December 2017
NOCN Level 3 Certificate in Forest School Programme Leadership (QCF)
This course is an opportunity to explore to a higher level different approaches to using the outdoor environment in a Forest School setting and is for those who and wish to coordinate, manage and lead Forest School Sessions with children, young people or adults.
Download Forest School Booking Form Level 3
You will investigate how best to design and run a Forest School programme and look at how to approach and apply it safely and effectively.
This Forest School Level 3 course is aimed at individuals who have a minimum Level 2 qualification in Youth Work, Child Care, Teaching, or relevant experience in working with children.
The course content of this qualification is based on up-to-date research surrounding aspects of
- Holistic development
- Theories of Learning and Development
- Woodland conservation, history and management
- Wellbeing and nature connection
- Risk benefit assessments
- Initial training week – consisting of 5 days of training
- Portfolio work – candidates take away their portfolio to work on (For about 7 months)
- First Aid – Candidates complete a 2 day ITC outdoor paediatric first aid course at own cost
- Second week – Consisting of further training and benchmarking
Participants on this course will need to complete a paediatric outdoor First Aid 2 day course before completing their Forest School training. (First Aid not included in price).